Steiner Education Aotearoa NZ – Chief Executive Office (CEO)
Wellington, 6142 Aotearoa New Zealand
PO Box 11716 Manners Street, Wellington, 6142
Aotearoa New Zealand
Steiner Education Aotearoa New Zealand (SEANZ) is advertising the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide strategic leadership and management direction to our organisation and to represent the diverse interests of our members.
Over the past year and a half our CEO has been appointed to a fixed term position to investigate all the angles that the job entails. We would like to make this position permanent, hence this notice.
Steiner Education Aotearoa New Zealand was formed over 30 years ago (as The Federation of Steiner Schools) and represents the interests of Steiner Waldorf education in Aotearoa New Zealand. Our mission is to strengthen, represent, grow and promote the work of Steiner Waldorf education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We currently have 11 schools with kindergartens, with eight of them integrated schools, and 12 stand-alone kindergartens across the country.
Key performance indicators in this role include:
- Build the organisational capability, systems and culture to achieve the mission of SEANZ.
- To establish and maintain long-term relationships with all members; government and their agencies; other educational providers; potential philanthropic, corporate and individual funders; media sources; and the public-at-large.
- To work strategically with other educational providers and groups to influence educational policy in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- To ensure the viability and long term sustainability of the organisation according to strategic directions, plans and budget.
- Effectively represent the organisation, growing the public understanding and reputation of SEANZ.
- Support our pedagogical divisions, The Fellowship and the Waekura Group to grow the depth and breadth of our educational practice in the environment of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- To understand and respond to the changing environment in which SEANZ operates.
- To ensure that SEANZ operates with best practice policies and procedures.
The position is .7 FTE and we are flexible about where the CEO is located in New Zealand.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Personal, philosophical and business ethics that are compatible with the mission and values of SEANZ.
- Experience working with central, local or regional government sector groups.
- The ability to apply visionary thinking to education, commercial opportunities, fund raising, and organisational development.
- The ability to apply best business and leadership practices to the management of the organization.
- A sound understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and application of its principles, particularly in the context of education in Aotearoa.
- The ability to make sound business judgments, convert concepts to action, and apply rigorous analytical abilities and creative problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively represent the organization in face-to-face and other dealings with the media, government officials at all levels, corporate groups and various funding agencies and organisations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work independently from a home-based office.
- Be flexible in working hours and prepared to travel in their work.
- Have an understanding of integrated schools in Aotearoa as well as experience and a thorough understanding of Waldorf Educational teaching, classroom and management principles.
- Have previous experience as Principal in New Zealand or Australia and knows the organisation from the inside out.
To apply for this role, please send a Cover Letter and CV addressed to:
The Chair, Steiner Education Aotearoa New Zealand: email@example.com
by 20 July, 2019.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.